Interview....

millerc

Beta member
Hello. I was wondering if anyone who works with computers would care to answer these questions for a High School Newspaper. It's about a new computer they are releasing called the Hip-E. Email your responses to millercorey@epals.com or just post them here. Thank you so much in advance!

Background information:
Name-
Age-
Company-
Job Title-

1. What are important features to look for in a computer?

2. Is being broadband capable a necessity for a computer these days?

3. RAM, Hard Drives, Processors, what are these things and how important are they to a computer?

4. Look at this website, www.hip-e.com . What is your opinion on this machine?

5. What is the PC lacking?

6. What do you like specifically about it?

7. They seem to put a lot of emphasis on how it looks, how important is that really?

8. If they had a PC like this when you were a teenager, would it be something you'd desire?

9. What do you think makes it so appealing to teenagers?

Broadband is reccomended these days, that machine looks total rubbish and the answer to wat Ram and processor is can be found @ www.google.com :D hope that helps with the homework

David Lindon,
Company owner, LindonNetworks

1. I guest what to look for depends on what it is to be used for but generaly just make sure it has fast processor, large RAM and harddrive or if it is being used by employees of the business then the price tag will be important for the company.

2. Not a problem as any computer that you could ever find will be able to run broadband even like p2s etc.

3. They are how the computer functions, where it stores the data and how it processes it.

4. Nice idea for the home maybe. I could see it catching on.

5. Hmm, I am happy with how they are.

6. The amount that a PC can do.

7. I suppose this is personaly really but to me if it does the job thats OK and I would choose practicality over asthetics.

8. Probably but it makes you look rather geeky!

9. Adult material freely available on the internet!!
Seriously though you can download music, play computergames so it is basicaly entertainting.

Good luck with the homework or do you work for Hip-E looking for reviews and ideas for you new product?

^ Thank you. I'm on my high school newspaper, and I'm doing an article on the computer.

Can you please fix your answers to numbers five and six? I meant what is the hip-e lacking, what do you like about the hip-e. Otherwise, thanks so much.

If anyone else can respond I would be extremely grateful.

Hmmm... don't know whether I come into this category but hey! :D

Name - Robert Playford
Age - 17
Company - Not legally :D
Job Title - Imperator

1. What are important features to look for in a computer?
Processor; Hard Drive. The rest is useful; and other important things change when buying and why I'm buying. ie. When I brought my main computer I specifically wanted 64-bits and a DVD-RAM Drive. but when I brought a crap thing to do up; only the Processor and Hard Drive were needed.

2. Is being broadband capable a necessity for a computer these days?
I'd say so - the ability to download programs, music, and video is very handy - and a huge deal of sites are only pleasantly viewable on Broadband now anyway.

3. RAM, Hard Drives, Processors, what are these things and how important are they to a computer?
Processor is the Unit which Processes and is important to the Computer because thats what does the stuff. Hard Drive saves the stuff, RAM holds the stuff while its needed so it doesn't have to come straight for the Hard Drive.

4. Look at this website, http://www.hip-e.com . What is your opinion on this machine?
Its not really that good; it seems you're paying for the Shell instead of the Computer. I know it seems to class as a Laptop; which is more expensive anyway but there isn't that much in there that you couldn't get with another PC from somewhere else for less. The Graphics could do with a serious upgrade for a computer that looks so good (going from the $1699 version), Hard Drive is enough, Processor is enough I suppose but seems like a lot for it. RAM is reasonably ok.

5. What is the PC lacking?
Graphics

6. What do you like specifically about it?
Not much; the nice Monitor perhaps.

7. They seem to put a lot of emphasis on how it looks, how important is that really?
To me? Not really.

8. If they had a PC like this when you were a teenager, would it be something you'd desire?
I am; and no. :D

9. What do you think makes it so appealing to teenagers?
I have no idea. Maybe its the size.

Back
Top Bottom