www.powerleap.com

megasdkirby

Solid State Member
I posted this on another forum, and they weren't that helpful, so I will be posting the same messages here in order to see if someone here can help me.

But before I do...

I WILL NOT PURCHASE A NEW MOTHER BOARD. Economically, it is NOT feasable, thus, I can't purchase one. Unless it fits my current PC casing and use all my current RAM and accesories, I cannot get it.

Now to post the messages...

"http://www.powerleap.com/PL-iP3T.html

I am interested in picking this up, since this is the one that is recommended for my Dell. I have questions though.

1)Originally, my Dell is a Pentium 2 350Mhz PC. With this, it will upgrade to a Celeron 1.4Ghz PC. How fast is a Celeron compared to a Pentium II?

2)How will my machine functions speedwise with it (theoretically)?

Is it worth the $110 price tag?

And shipping is $5, so that is awesome..."

"And now I have a new problems...get this...before the recommended upgrade was the "PL-iP3/T 1.4 GHz Celeron Upgrade Kit with Heatsink Fan"...now it says that the recommended upgrade is the "SlotWonderâ„¢ 1.4 GHz Celeron Upgrade Kit with Heatsink Fan"!!! Now I am more confused...I sent then an email to see if they can help out...

I like this upgrade...it is much faster than a Pentium 3 with the same speed. It can make my PC faster..."

"The thing that still confuses me, and that let me to believe that there are versions of it with and without processors is the following:

Supports the latest .13 micron Intel "Tualatin" processors, including the 1.2 GHz Celeron with 256K L2 cache and Data Prefetch Logic.

This statement leaves me to believe that the processor is not included in some models. Look at these links for example:

http://www.powerleap.ca/acatalog/st...ap_Catalog_Slot_1_Upgrades_6.html&CatalogBody

If you can't see the link, this is what it says:

Designed for 100MHz FSB Pentium II, Celeron, and Pentium III slot-1 (S.E.C.C.) systems, the SlotWonder 1.4 GHz upgrade includes:
- A genuine Intel Celeron-III 1.4 GHz (Tualatin) CPU with 256K L2 cache.
- PowerLeap's latest advancemanet in Slot 1 upgrade technology, the SlotWonder adapter.
- For single-processor systems.

Notice that it says it includes the CPU..., but then, in the bottom, it says the previous statement, which I purposely put it in BOLD.

Now go to this one...

http://www.powerleap.com/PL-iP3T.html

So does it or doesn't include the processor as well? And I found out that the "SlotWonder 1.4 GHz Intel (Tualatin) Celeron" is basically the same as the "PL-iP3/T 1.4 GHz Intel Celeron", with the difference being that the SlotWonder does not use an external power supply for the processor (but it does for the fan) while the PL-iP3/T requires power from the power supply. Both will give the same speed and functionality.

My "overall" question is: Is the one they are selling at the site includes or does not include the processor?

Cause I want to save money, slowly and slowy, so I can purchase the processor."

Pentium 2 350Mhz PC. With this, it will upgrade to a Celeron 1.4Ghz PC. How fast is a Celeron compared to a Pentium II?
Much faster than that p2 350mhz. BUT the problem you have is you may not see that tremendous step up in speed because the p2 motherboards Front Side Bus speed (FSB) is only 66mhz or 100mhz. that is a huge bottle neck for the speed of that 1.4ghz Celeron.

Is it worth the $110 price tag?
Not to me, I just bought a moterboard/cpu (Celeron 2.4ghz) combo for $140 from microcenter.

Does it come with a Processor? Looks like it does. better yet why dont you ask them that question
Sales Contact InformationPowerLeap, LLC
953 Route 202 North
Second Floor
Branchburg, NJ 08876
1 (866) 757 2537
Hours of Business : Monday - Friday 9AM to 5PM EST.Resellers : varsales@powerleap.comGovernment and Education : [email]govsales@powerleap.com[/email]Consumer : [email]b2csales@powerleap.com[/email]Businesses : [email]b2bsales@powerleap.com[/email]

I tried contacting them...I am still waiting for their answer...and it has been days...

Well, I checked the site, and it said this:

"SlotWonder 1.4 GHz Intel (Tualatin) Celeron $99.95
Add to Cart
100 MHz Front Side Bus"

Does this mean that it is specially made for systems like mine?

Oh, and mine has a FSB of 100Mhz...just like the processor...does this mean I will see the entire 1.4Ghz (at full speed)?

Well, they sell the processor and the extension for $99!!!

So all I need to do is remove the old one and pop in the new one! YAY!

Ah, and I will get 1.4Ghz fully, since it has a FSB of 100Mhz...just like my Dell! YAY!!

I can give you some info wrt the difference in some of the products you are looking at.
The PL-iP3/T is a Slot 1 to Socket 370 adapter. (As is the SlotWonder) The PL-iP3/T is available on its own, or bundled with a processor/HSF. At our site (www.powerleap.ca) this is differentiated by the model number.
PL-iP3/T is adapter only, while PL-iP3/T 1400C is the total solution complete with processor, etc.
Currently we only offer the SlotWonder as a total upgrade bundled with the processor and HSF.

The SlotWonder is a similar type adapter to the PL-iP3/T, except it uses an alternate method (jumper adjusted pathways) to regulate the voltage to the processor, while the PL-iP3/T has an onboard VRM.
System compatibility is virtually identical, but the SlotWonder is less expensive as it does not incur the additional cost of the VRM.

Both the PL-iP3/T 1400C and the 1.4GHz SlotWonder use the same 1.4GHz Intel Tualatin Celeron CPU. The PL-iP3/T adapter is compatible with Dell XPS "R" and "T" model systems, while the SlotWonder is not. (Technically it is, but we have seen some stability issues with Dell Dimension systems, and the SlotWonder adapter.)

Hope that clears up some of your questions,

Rick Smith
Powerleap Products Canada.
www.powerleap.ca

Back
Top Bottom