My computer wont boot - please help

Glacier16

Beta member
I just got myself a new cobra case for my pc, everything was going great and the hardware was all safely transfered to my new case. I turned the comp on and no power went to the unit but i solved this problem because the poweron button jumper was mixed up with the reset button jumper. The computer booted up and got onto windows and everything was great then it started restarting and wouldnt boot from the harddrive. The power button now doesnt work but powering up the unit from the button on the psu powers up all the fans and the processor cooler power up and work fine. When taking the ide cables out from the harddrive and other drives they power up and can be opened but when attached to the motherboard they dont.
The screen is blank and shows nothing. I thought the problem may be with the new power supply but using the original gave no joy either. I am running an athlon 2600, 256mb ddr, xfx 5200 128mb graphics card and biostar motherboard, dont know the exact spec, can somebody please help!!

Is the power supply correctly put in?, i misunderstood your point does it do it ocassionaly if so i would say it is a loose connection in the power supply not certain though maybe someone else can help.

Back
Top Bottom