Ram/Memory low ??

overgrow13

Solid State Member
Whats up all, I am having problems with low ram on my pc. Here are the specs :
Cyrix III 667 mhz, sis 630 chipset, BST1M motherboard.
I have a 128mb chip & a 64 mb chip and the pc shows :

Base mem - 640 k
Extended mem - 56320 k
Total mem 57344 k

I just have reformated 2 times with W2k pro. Whats wrong here ? Memory bad ? How can I test if the memory is bad ? Thanks

You really should be using 256mb for xp.

make sure you have the right type of memory. Also see if you can find a good store in your area that can test the memory for you.

But before you do that there are some memory testing programs.

Someone will post a link for it.

I am useing windows 2000 pro, not xp. If I could be running more ram I would, thats my problem. I should get 192 Mb or ram not 57,344 kb of ram. The pc is not running right with this little amount of ram, aol will only let me load aol 6.0 because my ram is so low. Whats wrong with this thing ?

I had this problem for a while, and then just got used to using AOL 5.0, and then for some reason we had to factory restore, and we used a AOL 9.0 Optomized disk, and after that it worked.

I don't recommend factory restoring it, just cause you lose all info, which isn't the greatest thing.

Uh, well, I have ME, and what we had to do was put a certain disk in, and off the top of my head I can't remember.

But what you had to do, is put it in, then shut down, then turn the computer back on and it will do it.

I'm no computer person (YET) so I would (in your shoes) wait for more replies, shouldn't be too long.

Don't be scared off, just wait a couple of hours.

Sorry the first person to reply isn't the smartest person in the world, but, on these forums there are some very smart people.

Some people that can help you very much so.

overgrow13 said:
Whats up all, I am having problems with low ram on my pc. Here are the specs :
Cyrix III 667 mhz, sis 630 chipset, BST1M motherboard.
I have a 128mb chip & a 64 mb chip and the pc shows :

Base mem - 640 k
Extended mem - 56320 k
Total mem 57344 k

I just have reformated 2 times with W2k pro. Whats wrong here ? Memory bad ? How can I test if the memory is bad ? Thanks

Most likely bad memory or incompatible memory. Search google for memtest86 to test it.

Back
Top Bottom