RAM info

Mary

Beta member
I'm sorry for asking such dumb questions, but I know nothing about computers. First question: Is 6.40MB of RAM way too little? Second question: How much and what kind of RAM should I get if I need more?
I have an HP Pavilion Intel Celeron processor with 701 MHz and 6.40 MB RAM. I'm running Microsoft WinXP Professional Version 2002. For a very long time now I've been getting a pop-up saying my virual memory is low. I can't watch DVDs any longer or play games etc.

6.40 Megs? They don't make sticks like that; where does it tell you that you have 6.4 Megs? or do you mean 640 Megs?

Even if they did make it; which they don't; Windows XP runs only on 128Megs, maybe 64 is you're lucky and don't do much.

think he has 64MB. For xp, you should have atleast 128Mb and thats not running programs at the same time! What windows is doing is, it has used all your ram and is using your hard drive to use as more, which is slower and isnt good for performance! You can either find somewhere in cpanel that lets your increase your virtual memory or invest in some more memory!

And to answer your question you should at least have 128mb SDRAM in your system, I would recommend 256mb min.

Back
Top Bottom