reinstalling windows: problems

OK Crazyman.

Create the Windows 98 bootdisk from www.bootdisk.com

then try the long list of format commands lol.

If that still doesn't work.

Make a Windows 95 bootdisk (www.bootdisk.com also) and try the commands with that disk.

Then if it works, startup with the windows 98 disk and cd in the drive. Then let it carry on to setup.

OK, I think we're getting somewhere now. I created the windows 95 boot disk and used that to format the drive. Then I reinserted the 98 boot disk and install CD and restarted. I chose to bod from CD, but now I can't seem to get to the setup. It goes through the process like it's going to load the CD, but in the end it ends back with the command prompt for the boot disk. what do I do know?

Wahey the format is done!

Try using the Windows 98 boot disk to boot from (floppy), don't press the keys to get to dos. Just let it load up and have the cd in your cd drive.

May I ask which format command worked?

OK, if I load it up without pressing any buttons it goes into "start computer with CD rom support" and ends up back ant a command prompt. so i tried taking out the boot floppy, but leaving the windows cd in, and restarting. It loads into the CD but now i get a message that says "invalid CD insersted. please reinsert CD and press any key"

CD might be scratched. Try copying it to a blank disk.

Start the computer with cd rom support and type stuff like:

A:\setup.bat
-setup.exe
E/D:\setup.bat
-setup.exe

Should work :p

OK, Windows is now installed!!! hooray!
thanks for all your help!:D I really appreciate it.

but now I gotta get this thing on the internet. it has a modem, and is plugged into the phone line but it doesn't detect the modem:confused:

Please.. No... More..!!

Lol, device manager and it doesn't show it? Hmm.. Are the USB drivers installed? They should be downloadable from the motherboard manufacturers website.

lol, Ok, yah I'll check into it again to see if i can work somthing out. it's the same modem that was there before and it worked fine so I'm sure it's somthing simple like that.
But anyway, thanks again for all you help! I'm very glad this is all finally getting over with!:D

Back
Top Bottom