"Users Helped" Count?

CoMpUtaFrEek

Fully Optimized
Hi lads and ladys,

I was just wondering... I myself, have helped with quite a few computer problems, as have alot of the other users on this forum. I was just wondering how possible it would be to add something like "Users Helped" count, possibly instead of reputation? And if you help a user they can click a button somewhere and you get another point, it would obviously be limited somehow but it will give people an idea of the more experienced, etc. and a good sense of achievement.

Don't worry if it's not possible :)

that's alright i guess, although i would make it so someone that isn't logged-on could'nt click the button.

of course we all know that there are people here that are
schooled & others who know very little, but the fact that
we all help eachother to solve a problem is what counts.

but...what ever works
i would make a poll thread suggesting your options & letting the poll speak for itself, then run the stats w/david and see what he thinks...

Yeh because reputation is never used, I thought it might be something to replace it thats more fitting to what we're doing here :)

And it may stop people trying to raise their post count and more trying to raise their help count :)

it'd have to be a vBulletin module or plug in,

It would not relate to any other information in the database and would have to be controlled by the member that started the post...

if anyone has seen www.expertsexchange.com then they will have seen this sort of thing before.

I've never seen a module like this for Vbulletin, so It'd have to be custom written...

It would be a dreadful bugger to try and do. Its a damned good Idea - and thats what the Reputation is for.

It would however be easier to write your own board with it in that try and work out how to do it on vBulletin.

Back
Top Bottom