reinstalling windows: problems

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
Crazyman, I may know what your problem is.

Bluto is correct, you need to partition first, so use the "fdisk" command - it's on the Windows 95 startup disk if not on the 98 one.
It should be and this is closeing in on this.It's a matter of the right command line entries as you are getting errors.
1.Start you pc with the W98 floppy.You should see A:
Type dir then the enter key.Does it have fdisk.exe and format.com on it ?
Then type fdisk and the enter key.This removes your bad partition and prepares you for a better format.
No fdisk file,where do i send it ?

yeah, after fdisk is compete, make shure your new partition you just made was set to active , or else you'll have problems w/the install of OS, and it won't be able to read the hhd.

Ok, the fdisk command works, I get a whole bunch of menus and stuff that I was fooling with last night (i will probably regret that) Anyway, I guess I deleted the partition that was there already, and made a new one. It seems to have no label or System format. (fat32, etc.)it says the partition is active, and the format command still doesn't seem to work, and I don't know what format.com is.

crazyman143 said:
Ok, the fdisk command works, I get a whole bunch of menus and stuff that I was fooling with last night (i will probably regret that) Anyway, I guess I deleted the partition that was there already, and made a new one. It seems to have no label or System format. (fat32, etc.)it says the partition is active, and the format command still doesn't seem to work, and I don't know what format.com is.
It's not supposed to,now it's just like you brought it home and plugged it in.
Now you
need to add a Fat32 format,so you can install Windows.
Window uses fat32 for W98.

Why are you doing so well on this PC ??? :)

Read the floppy there,does it have format.com on it ?
It may be hidden.
Did you not read what fdisk said to do next ?
And the beat goes on.

Nemesis said:
LOL yea bluto
I reckon u r still tryping somit wrong but if not too technical for me :rolleyes:
You don't make any sense and have not added anything to help this member.
I make a point of typing it right,it sure seems you don't.hic.
:mad:
So get off my case Jackass.

crazyman143 said:
I have a comp that I am reinstalling windows 98 on. I used computerfreek's intructions on the stickied page, and got to the pint where I Type "format C:" without the ". to format the harddrive. but I get a message stating that the command line is incorrect. can someone help?
crazyman143 has exceded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
o well.gdnight.
:D

bluto said:
You don't make any sense and have not added anything to help this member.
I make a point of typing it right,it sure seems you don't.hic.
So get off my case Jackass.

Hopefully you will learn now Bluto. Some people won't accept your behavior, especially me.

What happened? You were being so friendly and suddenly you go yelling "jackass" and such at people who totally don't deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom