Trying to help a friend, so can ya help me. xD

Thanks!!!

I am definetly comming back...this place is an unvaluable source of information!

WOW!

Thanks!

In any case, I will change my HDD to NTFS later. At least the 8GB one. From the link offered, they said I should consider FAT32 since my HDD is less than 10GB, but since I have more than 128MB of memory and a 5400RPM drive, I am gonna go for it.

What do you think? Will it improve my HDD?

I dont think FAT32 even suports 80 gig HD's. I think the max is somethin like 35 or 40 gig. Atleast that is how I had to partion my 80 gig when I had to have it be able to run on a mac as well.

Well, I first changed it to NTFS and it was great. Then I decided to install XP over Win2K...bad idea. it really screwed up everything...in fact, it kept rebooting the PC endlessly. So I went back to Windows 2000, formatting the PC, this time choosing the option for NTFS.

As of now, I have not noticed any improvements, except for some new options and such. But hey, at least its working ok!

^_^

airiox said:
I dont think FAT32 even suports 80 gig HD's. I think the max is somethin like 35 or 40 gig. Atleast that is how I had to partion my 80 gig when I had to have it be able to run on a mac as well.

The partition size limit is approximately 128GB, none the less you could have more partitions and go to 2TBs... :D

Back
Top Bottom