i need help with this virus!!!

Mental Liberator

Fully Optimized
i was on AIM and my friend gave me a link so i clicked it, and after a while it kept on putting up my away message, i got rid of that but then when i try to open up my task manager it opens for about 2 seconds, and then it closes..... i really need help on this i don't know what to do!! once i was able to end the process of the program that kept on doing it, which i think was called MSCroN or something like that, but after i restarted my computer it came back!! i need help please help me !! thnX

Get Adaware and Dcheck your PC - it should remove it. I would highly recommend getting rid of AIM too; and changing from AOL if you have that too.

You should also ask what site your friend directed you too?

The process is probably started with the computer. You can try the following
press the windows key+R
in the box that pops up type msconfig
click the tab labeled "startup"
look for MSCroN or whatever it is called.
un check the box nex to it

A WARNING: By removing certain components from startup there is a possibility that you can damage your computer. Keep this in mind, and don't un check anything that resembles a system startup tool. Don't try this unless you think you can do it.

Good luck
Itsme

Get something like norton that can block viruses from AIM. It will also clean this thing out.

i have norton anti virus -_-, hey itsme i tried what u told me to, and first off i can't open that also because that closes after about 2 seconds, BUT i used the sygate firewall to terminate the MSCroN and i was able to open the msconfig and i unchecked it BUT on restart it just came out again -_-;; see i can get rid of it, but everytime i restart my cpmputer it comes back, kind of a hassle.... but thanks man

Sorry...ive been gone for a few days. anyway, you have to probably load up in safe mode and do what i told you. also look for where the file is located and if you can find the installation file delete it. Then it can't reinstall when you restart...good luck

Itsme

Back
Top Bottom