I need some help from a computer whiz

JRM4833

Solid State Member
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I did not see a proxy question forum (but this does involve my YIM). Anyways, my work has a new proxy system which I have internet through. Netscape uses 3 seperate proxy options. I use the 3rd, which is automatic proxy configuration. I put in my http://proxy. etc etc and when I try to access the internet, it pops up asking for my name and password. Anyways, Yahoo IM only offers the first 2 proxy settings (HTTP & SOCKS). Is there anyway for me to get back on Yahoo IM? I have tried a number of other IMs, and AOL is the only one that offers the automatic proxy configuration option and gets me to the popup. But for some reason, AOL IM has never worked on my comp, even before the proxy. Yahoo's support staff is not particularly helpful, so I figured I would try another route. If someone could lend me a hand, I would greatly appreciate it. :D

hi guys!!!
are you admin of the company??
was the yahoo working before your proxy was set up?? i need more infor and what proxy server are you useing

Back
Top Bottom