Windows XP Installation

Yeah; Aida is very good - I think ComputerFreak directed me to that; or somebody; and it does tell you everything. Most of which is useless.

well i never used that, but there is another way to find what your computer specs are; by start>progarms>accessories>system tools> system info. that will tell you useful info.

Ok, first of all I'd like to thank you all for helping me out here.
Secondly, I downloaded that Aida32 program you told me to and these are the results....
Under display i found 3DFX VOODOO 3

Does anyone know where i can download the drivers for this, and once i have downloaded them what do i do.....i am still running ME and want to reformat and re-install with XP....so what should i do with the drivers once ive downloaded them....Thnaks again for ure help

netuser said:
Is it legal?

OK, if it isn't legal then it's got lots of bugs in it. Dose the product key start with FCKGW? <--- (from the top of my head - I once ran an illigal copy of xp por on this machine :eek: ).
thats irrelivent,if you have the original XP it was a lil buggy legal or not. sp1 refused the fckgw serial, there are lots of other keys for windows out there that work with SP1 & 2, however.

netuser said:
All illigal versons are blacklisted from using Windows update (MS can get your product key when using Winupdate.
No they aren't, i have no idea where you get this info from, microsoft decided to allow pirated copies to update to sp2 so that people with pirated copies dont get worms and viruses because people wont update them and then affect people who have paid for there copies.
Also wmicrosoft keep no personal information from people updating.

netuser said:
I would stick to the OS your using at the moment as it is compatible with all (WINDOWS) software you can get.
Im very sure that all of the mentioned things can be supported if you look for the drivers.

netuser said:
Also,WINME is more stable than a WINXP machine with over 256MB ram.
Erm 99.99% of pc users will strongly disagree. Windows XP is a new standard in OS, Me was less stable than 98.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Hmmm... who makes the Voodoo Cards? Creative?

I can't remmember - go on www.DriversGuide.com and search for the card name. Should be there.

3dfx were, they are no longer trading, i think nvidia bought the company out, however http://www.3dfx.com/ has links to some helpful places.

OK, I was speaking to a friends just now over MSN and he told me where i could download the driver from (3dfx voodoo3). So i downloaded it and he sed that if i install XP, then reboot in safe mode and go to device manager, and scroll down there should be an unknows device there....if i re-installed that then the driver would be updated....but he had to rush away b4 i could make sure...so just thouguht i could get sum feedback from u guys. Thanks! im goin sleep now, am nackered

If its just the driver file and not an install file.

Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware (tab) -> device manager

There should be an unknown device, double click this and go to update driver. Select driver manually and choose the file you downloaded.

Sit back and watch the magic.

Back
Top Bottom