Gallery: Graphics Cards

Re: Gallery: Graphics cards

dunno man.
i wouldn't put my money on that.
i think i've heard of succes stories on different forums, but then again, the success to failure ratio is something like 9 to 1.
maybe that particular brand used a different core or memory.

jus like some 9800 pros can be flashed to XT's.

ps. and leadtek is a brand that is known to use high quality parts in their cards. so maybe there's a chance that this card is special.

New conclusion - It's sometimes possible but only on very high end cards and with a very small success ratio
:D

dude wtf happened to ur 5950 ultra. y do u have a 9700 pro. don't tell me it died.

Lol I sold it, £80 profit!

The 9700 pro was the only thing I could find that was apparently faulty so hopefully I'll get it for £30 or so. I'd like to compare it to the 5950 aswell (obviously not in the same league though).

no that actually works.
i hav a couple friends who did it around last year.
let me find some more info on it for you.

i jus asked my friends and here's wat they told me.

You need to get the 128MB version(non-Pro version) so it has the right PCB that supports the 256bit memory bus. If you get 64MB card, all the memory will be placed on one 128bit bus and it is next to impossible to "add" more memory onto the other bus.

also, the memory has to be in a L shaped form, like the 9700 pro pcbs.
jus like the 9800 pro to Xt mod, only certain models can do this.

but i wouldn't go out and buy a 9500 for full price and attempt to do it jus so u could sell. lol.
it would be nice if u could do it though, and especailly cuz it's a softmod.

Very interesting. Shows how crappy the 9700 is lol! I'll post some benches compared to my 5950 when I get it :D

Back
Top Bottom