Newbie needs some advice please

SunnyM

Beta member
Hi everyone

im pretty new to using discussion forums so if i havent explained anything properly or not enough in depth than please let me know, thanks.

Basically i think if i explain my situation it may help you understand my problem. i recently finished my degree in BA Internet Technology with Business and Community Enterprise (2:1) and i decided that i really enjoyed two modules that i did whilst at university. the first one was Java Programming and the second was Macromedia Flash.

i have now started studying for 3 Microsoft Certified Proffesional (MCP) qualifications in VB.NET to become an MCAD (Applications Developer) and i am also studying to become:
A sun certified micro systems java developer
TWo macromedia flash developer certificates

anyway the problem is that i want to become either a software developer or applications developer but i've been looking at jobs and i carnt see that many companies asking for these qualifications.

as i do not know anyone who does any sort of programming its quite hard for me to ask someone for advice thus this forum message. im currently losing faith in my MCAD as i spent a lot of money on this and it looks like i may have just been conned!!

can anyone advise me on whether or not the choices that i have made are going to help me and any advice advise on how to get a foot in to the industry. Do i need to know the language really really well to get a job so will i have to study more on top of these?

any help would be really much appreciated, thank you

Sunny

Back
Top Bottom