More Sent than recieved

shadowhood

Beta member
I am having some probs with my PC, the Performance of my CPU is always at 100% and the Sent and Recieved on my Internet status is showing my Sent to be going through the roof, even sitting idle with no browser on..?? The PC doesn't crash or come up with NT Server/Authority errors or anything, it just keeps going. It DID come up with the LSA Shell has encountered a error but I seemed to have rectified this problem...maybe? Anybody got any ideas?

Do you have Kazaa? Or another P2P Software Package? If so uninstall it and check.

You probably have Spyware on there - run something like Ad-Aware and check your system.

almost forgot, if you have viruses that can not be deleted you are going to have to get the names of the viruse(s), and go to run>regedit and delete the viruse there.

Downloading SP2 will sort out all Critical Security Holes at the moment; it'll be easier than downloading all the patches singally; and will be better for the PC.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Downloading SP2 will sort out all Critical Security Holes at the moment; it'll be easier than downloading all the patches singally; and will be better for the PC.

I thought there was a newly found security issue with SP2 hahaha.

Haha! Nope - I think some German has decided there is a little thing that could possibly in time because a minor security risk - but beyond that its as solid as ever.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Haha! Nope - I think some German has decided there is a little thing that could possibly in time because a minor security risk - but beyond that its as solid as ever.
yup its a file that needs to be downloaded and ran manually for the hole to open.

Back
Top Bottom