video streaming program

Stylez1

Baseband Member
what's up people im new to this forum, i was wondering if you guys knew any good video streaming software that i can broadcast my video files to friends?

No

But theres many ways to send it to them,like icq.com
Your ? is confusseing
This is not a conference call (viewing it together) is it ?,
It's watching a movie,clip etc.right.
:confused:

no, it's like us viewing it together like say i want my friend to view a mpg file i wanna stream it to them instead of sending it, if you know what im trying to get at.

Very Very unlikely the way you put it,but it really doesn't have any purpose that i can see.If it's a project then i wish you luck in the advancement of computeing.
:D

you can get windows media services 9 or the like and install it on your webserver and also you can ask them to open the file too.

Stylez said:
no, it's like us viewing it together like say i want my friend to view a mpg file i wanna stream it to them instead of sending it, if you know what im trying to get at.
There might be a way,but you both have to have computer cameras,and need 2 monitors.
You can even hold up the baby or show off your new car.or garden etc.
This is streaming video at it's finest.
:D

Windows Media Server (so does Helix - rm,rmvb streaming server) costs a LOT of money. If you really want to stream a MPEG file, try this: http://www.umediaserver.net/. This streaming server is free, windows-based, and simple. It also supports "live" if you have an external capturing device like webcam. Nevertheless, I would never recommend streaming with cable/dsl or even T1 because the bandwidth just couldn't handle it. It's your choice. :)

well it all depends on what the server youre installing it on's specs too, you wouldt want it streamed on a celeron linux server (dell to make worse) with only a 10/100 ethernet card in it.

make sure they use a gigabit network interface card on the server.

also verify that the media your gonna broadcast wont get snitched by the RIAA.

Back
Top Bottom