Firewall

amievil

Beta member
I have a network anywhere Cable/DSl Router. Im looking to disable the firewall. it uses a NAT and ip....something i cant remember. Anyway with internet gaming some places wont let you host if you have a firewall and ive got one. So how can i disable it ?

you can go to the port forwarding feature to enable the port that the game server requires:

please type in the router's confiuration address and (go to advanced) and port forwarding

Forwarding

Port forwarding sets up public services on your network. When users from the Internet make certain requests of your network, the router will forward those requests to the appropriate computer. The router's DHCP function must be disabled to use Forwarding. Forwarding is generally used to set up a webserver, ftp server, or e-mail server on your network.

To add a server using Forwarding:

Enter the port number used by the server. On the same line, enter the IP Address of the server that you want the Internet users to be able to access.
Configure as many entries as you would like until all of the link entries are filled.
Click the Apply to save the settings

THats what i found on their website but where the heck do i enter the ip address and all????

all you have to do to find out the IP is go to your network connection, right click it, and go to status, then under support you would see "default gateway" use that address to type into your browser then you would access the routers configuration. that address is typically 192.168.1.1 or .0.1

Internet connectivity setup for windows xp:::::::

go to "network connections"
go to the connection
make sure that it has gotten the right IPs if it is setup as defualt for DHCP
if not you may have to statically assign an IP
do this by right clicking on that connection and going to properties,
now go to TCP/IP protocol
then click properties.
now go to the address section and enter the values that you need.
(for help on this go to the router setup on linksys network everywhere routers or linksys in genreal go to the IP confi address and then look at the settings there and the IP range)
then you'll enter these addresses in there:
for example if my router had the IP of:
your IP address Id select would be: 112.110.100.1
the subnet mask is inputted for you:
the defualt gateway is your router's IP. which in this case would be 112.110.1.1
and then look for the DNS servers on your routers setup....
to make this easier linksys gives you a setup cd!!!
To get online with Internet explorer you'd go to your internet explorer properties and go to connections, then lan settings,
there you'd check the "automatic settings" checkbox and click ok.
then click ok to close the rest.

Back
Top Bottom