Max Gb ?

newjacksm

In Runtime
hey well I read some where that there XP can only hold up to 137 GB. I want to get a 200 GB hard drive but not if HOME XP can only recongnize 137 GB.. so my question is that true? and whats a good 200 GB hard drive? I was thinking Maxtor / Western Digital / Seagate. I also want to get another 120 gb or 80 gb hard drive

Maxtor/Western digital - Also make sure its 7200RPm and has a 8MB buffer. I setup a system with no 8mb buffer but a 2mb and its damn slow loading up.

camers said:
Maxtor/Western digital - Also make sure its 7200RPm and has a 8MB buffer. I setup a system with no 8mb buffer but a 2mb and its damn slow loading up.
Im getting a 200GB 7200RPM 8MB BUFFER Seagate and a 80GB 7200RPM 8MB BUFFER SEAGATE

:) 1 Hard drive is going to be for gaming and the other is going to be recording music profesionally.. Im probably going to use the 80GB one... if i runout of space ill just buy another hd

Cool cool, seagate seems cool Only experience ive had is one in an xbox. :D

Get two 160Gb Hd's and Raid them, Twice the speed and about the same price. Ibm 7k250's are Very Good

Correct, but raid card are under £20. And with the price of the Ibm's at the moment, you could probable but 2 of those and a raid card for the same money as the 200 + 80 gig drives. :p

Back
Top Bottom