I Need to Know!!!!!!!!

Philthepill

Baseband Member
I Need to Know!!!!!!!! ANSWER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not know which computer desktop to buy, please help me choose!
A Compaq Presario SR1150NX, AMD Athlon 3200+, 512 megabytes of DDR SDRAM, 200 gigabytes of hardrive space, 64 megabytes shared videocard space, 17" CRT Flat Screen Moniter ( not flat panel ) 9-in one memory card reader+ Hp 3650 Printer/ 8x DVD+/rw and cd rom drive

OR

A HP Pavilion a610e, AMD Athlon 3000+, 512 megabytes DDR SDRAM, 160 gigabytes of hardrive space, ? videocard, and a nice-a** 15" flat panel monitor.8-in-one memory card reader+Hp 5150 Printer/ 8x dvd+/rw and cd rom drive

They are both desktop packages, but the top one costs 720 dollars and the other one costs 700 dollars.

Please help me choose!

Come on People, take the time to answer this frickin thread!!!!! I only got three people! ( at 9:52 Pm on August 28, 2004)

well they are from teh same company! literally! HP owns compaq!!! not much difference... id get the top one tho...

airiox said:
I recommend neither. Could someone put this in the right place?

I would go with one of these. IT is fricken awesome if you configure it right. Same price, more power.

http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp.net/store/configurator.aspx?mid=1

If you dont get that I will be severly disappointed in you. Just becuase I know you would like it so much more.
Come on Man thats 854 dollars for the same value with the cheapest power supply, motherboard, cooling system---It flat out sucks

i'd have to agree w/dell_ate_my_dog..

i would get the Compaq Presario :

although other's will have their opinion too, i would do a google search for reveiws: to people who actually have these computers...

also id go for an IBM they are pretty solid systems.

I dotn know much other companies out there that would be within your price range.

No it doesnt. You can get it for cheaper. And faster too.

As long as you take out the flat panel. They arent that cool anyways.

Here is how I woud configure it. And I garuntee this will be at least twice as fast as the comp's you are looking ot buy.

These are the upgrades I would do.

AMD Xp 3000+
512 ram
120gb SATA gb WD hard drive
Nvidia Geforce 5200
Take out Floppy
And 17 viewsonic ultrabrite monitor.
$722

I dont know how much you know but let me explain a few things.

1. those computers wont be able to play any games on the market today. Such as doom 3 hl2. It wont be able to play many DX 9 games.

2. Your monitor is gonna be crap. Viewsonic is the best you will be amazed at the dif in quality.

3. That computer is gonna be 2 times as slow. It uses crappy parts. doesnt even have a video card and the Hard drive in Non-Sata. You will save countless hours for buying this comp and its the same price.

If you dont trust me its gonna be your mistake.

Any of the name brand comp companies dont put quality computers.

Please listen to me. Its only for your sake. You will like this comp much better.

Oh yeah I also forgot to mention that the price also includes a cd drive upgraded to a DVD +-R +-RW drive

airiox said:
Oh yeah I also forgot to mention that the price also includes a cd drive upgraded to a DVD +-R +-RW drive

You can play DX 9 games on the Presario mentioned above!!!!!!!

It doesnt completely suck, it came stock with 64mb videocard

No it comes with IGP meaning it shares memory with system RAM.

Trust me you wont be able to play DX9 games.

Back
Top Bottom