Problems with starting up system

first, no display can be a few different problems. memory and video cards are the main ones.
sometimes there are jumpers used on the motherboard to set up different types of memory use. The manual should have this in it.
If you are trying to use a agp graphics card and get no video at startup it may not be one that is compatible with the motherboard or the mb needs agp drivers installed before you can use the agp port. Mine did and I ended up using a PCI graphics card from a old computer.

from your descirption of the connector, it sounds like it is a on/off button only. sounds like the motherboard is setup for a power button that can be used as a reset switch also. you may have to splice the wires and put different connectors on it. good luck

I also just noticed in your other post that the motherboard has integrated grapics. if you have the agp card installed you need to disable the onboard graphics by way of a jumper on the motherboard

Holy ###################!

You dont have any thermal paste on your cpu. UH theres your problem. IF you have no thermal pad/paste/grease/gel in between your termal pad and your termal paste then thats a problem.

When I made my first computer the thermal gel that was on the fan wasnt touching the die of the cpu so it kept shutting off after a few seconds. I finally figured it out and got it to work.

But your retail fan should have come with something on it. Make sure you installed it right. I know I have installed them backwards before.

^^ you are not reading his post correctly. the computer doesnt even turn on unless he holds the power button down for a length of time. then after he gets it started there is no output to the monitor. (he cant see the bios info) thermal paste on a cpu does not have anything to do with the computer operations. and he does not need to put any on the cpu because the cpu comes with its own fan setup and it already has some thermal conductive compound already on it. and as far as not installing it correctly the cpu only goes in one way. if the fan is not touching the cpu it will heat up and turn the computer off but windows would have loaded and he would be using the computer for some time before that happens.

i had this happen to me but it didnt' start up at all for me. I ordered a computer online from like a gaming computer maker and it had this problem. though i can't tell you exactly how to fix it though. i called the company and after examining the computer they said it was the motherboard that was causing the problems. something was missing or not working from the motherboard. it might've been one of the little batteries that are on the motherboard.

Well, the mobo and cpu was replaced. The power switch works fine now. Now, I just need to fix the "blank screen" problem. Any suggestions besides the ram? What about resetting the cmos?

Back
Top Bottom