Gallery: Cases

not mine but this thing is a real work of art.
v155.jpg

v157.jpg

see more here
http://www.bit-tech.net/feature/49/20

I'm building a server thats gonna have a window and will be in my room. Because it's in my room, i will need water cooling instead of fans. Can someone explain to me or give me links to tutorials; how does it all work: what parts do i need, which parts have to be cooled, how does it all work ect. and roughly the price of a set. Thanks is advance!

on and that a very creative case hehe.

well rakedog. I hope you have lots of dough. NO not that kind of dough. you will need a lot. probably the soft quishy kind, you can proably find a recipy on the internet. wait nvm. ok yea you will need lots of money. Why do I say this? Well water cooling can land you about 200-500 dollars out of your pocket. But maybe thats not very expensive to some people. But you will need the expensive money for your computer. I would not Watercool my p3 1ghz 384mb, with 32mb vid card. So you will need to spend money on a expencive server in your case or its probably not worth it.

But hey what do I know. I havent looked into any of this. its just common sence I kinda have. but I know the watercooling is about 200-500. maybe you could get a crap thing for 100 but its then not worth it and might not work right.

Well, I'm ordering the following parts:

250 gig HD
1 gig RAM DDR
2.0 - 2.5 ghz 512K-1MB Cache CPU (Intel or AMD, not decided)

But it doesn't matter if those are bad, the thing is, it's in my room, so i need it to be quiet. I'm aware it will cost quite a bit, but I have some money. So can anyone explain to me how the whole thing works? Refer to my first question.

accualy, someone told me that there are things called noice silencers...something that makes those fans quiet...... it would be a very good solution to water cooling, because i just need the darn thing to be quiet...any info on this?

You can get some sound board. You have to make sure you get a hard drive that isnt very loud. Right now my hard drive is the loudest thing in my case.

The best way for silence is to buy parts that run silent.

If you already bought your hard drive and its loud then get a noice silencer for it. Its like a case you put it in. Havent tried on out though. Sure it helps a bit.

Right now I have silent everything in my case including soundboard. It takes out the high pitch noises.

Back
Top Bottom