Doom 3 Jerks :( help

Slicer1

Beta member
Hi Mates,

I recently purchased Doom 3.

I installed it and it jerks really badly, even at lowest graphics and resolution. Its unplayable.

PC SPECS:

Motherboard: MSI 648 p4 Mainboard
CPU: Intel Celeron 2.0GHZ 128k cache 400mhz FSB
RAM: 512MB DDR 333
Video: 256MB ATI Raedon 9600
HDD: 7200RPM Maxtor HDD

What could be letting me down? Is it the CPU? or is it something else...

Cheers, Slicer

Your celeron is a reall piecer if you are running at 640x480 at lowest textures and everything then yep your celeron. Its the worst and most inefficient CPU ever made.

Yuk! - Thats it! I HATE CELERON

Intel are dropping their prices at the end of this week. Im gonna get one of those p4 3.0GHZ prescott 1MB cache and a new mainboard. I hope that will solve my problem :)

Once again...it is your Celeron.

But check to make sure your AA and ANISO are turned off. On the desktop right-click to bring up the properties. Settings - Advanced on the AI screen click on 3D and move the two slide bars all the way to the left. Try that, if you haven't already.

Celeron's aren't gaming chips and especially on DOOM 3. It might be enough to play Counter-Strike, but not the better engine games like DOOM 3, FarCRY, Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow, Half-Life 2, etc.

The rest of system should be good enough to run DOOM 3 at low to medium quality at 800 x 600, if you replace the CPU.

I think it's been established that your celeron isn't worth the silicon it;s made of, but look at the new thread on improving doom3 performance. It may make enough difference to make the game playable.

Cool Thanks guys. Chip/mobo comming in wednesday. Ill try the graphics thingo too

No more celerons :D

Celeron NEEDS TO DIE.....Get Some $$$ And Buy a 64-Bit Athlon or a P4....and some matches and gas(to burn the celeron)

buckweat420- said:
Celeron NEEDS TO DIE.....Get Some $$$ And Buy a 64-Bit Athlon or a P4....and some matches and gas(to burn the celeron)

Agreed, simply removing the heatsink/fan will not be enough. The poxy chip will still not produce enough heat to cause itself damage.....GET THE MATCHES! :D

my 666MHZ celeron dose me just fine!

but then, the only games i have are the ones bundled with windows ME.

But Space Pinball is FUN!

Back
Top Bottom