external hard drive

racincc84

Baseband Member
i've got an external hard drive that im having some trouble with. My computer recognizes it fine but when i try to transfer files 10 or so will transfer then a message dialouge comes up that says " the operation could not be completed due to an I/O error." What could be causing this to happen? Serious problem or easy fix? Thanks for the help!!!

its hooked up through usb. Its a brand new case but the drive is a year or so old. I've never had any trouble with the drive its always worked fine. could it be a problem with the interface in the case?

that or maybe the drive it self.........if this is a drive hook it up internally.........save all the data u have on it and format it....(write the entire drive with zero`s) then put it back in the enclosure and try it again. Also mite wanna try it with a diffrent drive in the enclosure...if u have one try that....i hope that works ill do some researching for this problem..

buckweat420- said:
Only thing i can think of is to maybe get a new....encosure and see if that works...its worth a shot
I/O means in/out.You may have copied or move too many to be handled.
But working between 2 hardrives should not have this result.
Have you enabled dma ? sysdm.cpl
Then,
Go to
netez.com
and get 2xExplorer.
For easy file movement.
:D

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by buckweat420-
Only thing i can think of is to maybe get a new....encosure and see if that works...its worth a shot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What in Gods name is a nre...encosure ?
It's a waste of time.Learn how to use a computer before you get this far.
But it should not have led to this if you had prepared for it.
I can't beleive this,file transfer is a very very basic way to use a pc.
What part of it don't you understand ?
Go to
ntez.com
and get 2xExplorer.
For easy file movement.
WTF Are u talking about?

Back
Top Bottom