Windows Won't Boot up, endless cycle of restarting.

Victor911

Solid State Member
Windows Won't Boot up, endless cycle of restarting. Long Post btw.

Alright this problem came literally out of nowhere, all I did was start it up and was greeted with the black screen with the options to go into safe mode, safemode w/command prompt, last known good configuration, etc. I tried all of them, choosing safe mode or last known good configuration it will try and restart but right after the windows loading bar, just before hitting the desktop I get a quick glimpse of a blue screen with white writing "I'll get to that later". Choosing safe mode with command prompt will immediately bring up a long list of things, all involving partition of my HD ending with a different system 32 file. Anyhoo, I tried to repair using the cd and after doing that it just brought up that blue screen for me to read, which is...

STOP: 0X0000024 (0X001902FA, 0XF7CA6B70, 0XF7CA6870, 0XF744483D)
ntfs.sys - address F744483D base at F7433000, DateStamp 3d6de5c1\

On the same screen is a few sentences telling me how to fix it, which all involve getting into windows "disable antivirus, disk defrag and backup utilities, check HD config, run CHKDSK/F to check for HD corruption, then restart" Bah!
I want to avoid formatting as I have done it 4 times in the past 5 months. I have 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120gig HDs, one of which doesn't seem to work anymore, now I'm having problems with this one, if anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. Got less than a month on the warranty so need to do something quick. Sorry for long post but wanted to get all the details, let me know if you need any info. :)

Yes, Sounds like corrupted files, A re-format or if on XP a repair may be in order. I would also download a HD drive testing program and test the drive's thoroughly while you still have warranty.

Thanks for the replies all. I see I'm not gonna be able to get around another format :(. Gibant you say to use a HD testing program, what's the best one and where can i find it?

BAH! BAH! Won't let me reformat, I get the same error message before it goes to install, defective HD?

Ok question, it says "The software you are about to download runs in Windows and creates a bootable diagnostic floppy diskette". If I can't boot windows how do I run it?

Download the program on the machine your posting on. Create the floppy using the program. Boot your machine up using the floppy. (make sure floppy is the first boot option in the bios). Test drive etc.

Alright, the disk utility worked, got it booted up and didn't have to format :). However I originally had 2 HD, both the same kind and size, and they were combined as one in using RAID. A while ago I encountered a problem with the second one, XP was unable to detect it. I tried everything but in the end couldn't get it up so I believe it's just gone bad. Thanks for the help all, would have been lost without it.

Back
Top Bottom