Agp?

Noknowledge

Baseband Member
Well this isn't for a certain card...but as long as you got a AGP slot(if it's AGP) the card should should work (of course if you met the req. though) right?

Bluto...again with an incorrect answer...dumdass.

No, not all AGP slots accept all AGP video cards. In the early days there was a 1x AGP slot. Most newer video cards will not work in 1x mode, i.e. 9800Pro is one.

Also there are a very few cards that actually use an AGP 2.0 port that had a slightly different footprint. Remember back when there was a tab you had to flip over to use with AGP 2.0 cards only?

So the answer is...no. Not all AGP cards will work in any AGP port.

killerdoberman said:
Bluto...again with an incorrect answer...dumdass.

No, not all AGP slots accept all AGP video cards. In the early days there was a 1x AGP slot. Most newer video cards will not work in 1x mode, i.e. 9800Pro is one.

Also there are a very few cards that actually use an AGP 2.0 port that had a slightly different footprint. Remember back when there was a tab you had to flip over to use with AGP 2.0 cards only?

So the answer is...no. Not all AGP cards will work in any AGP port.
(of course if you met the req. though) right?

I answered this you didn't.
Hee Haw.Donkey.
:eek:
The answer is still Yes.
:eek:

Will that do something (I am not playing hard core games in fact I am doing all this for one game) and my goal is to be smooth and high graphics so :well what if I just get a real nice video card and 512 ram? Will that reach my goal?

NoKnowledge said:
Will that do something (I am not playing hard core games in fact I am doing all this for one game) and my goal is to be smooth and high graphics so :well what if I just get a real nice video card and 512 ram? Will that reach my goal?
The software should tell you the Minimum requirements,but Max is best If you didn't get this info on the package then contact them.
But set your video to 32 bit color and your monitor to it's best.
Maybe you have all you need now,
Be sure to run dxdiag.exe to see if everything in video and audio gets an OK.ok.
;)

Back
Top Bottom