Windows Update Problem

Bren

Solid State Member
I have Windows 2000:

Ok, so i click 'tools' and go to Windows Update. I scan my computer for updates, and it always comes up with, 'An error occured while scanning for driver updates. We are not able to display any updated drivers for your system.' So then i think, 'Ok, whatever' and try to review and install my 24 critical updates! I then click 'Review and Install Updates' and nothing shows up! I wait, and wait, and wait, and nothing comes up.

PLEASE HELP!

I'll bet you have a firewall and who knows what else running.
Pop Up Stopper i bet.
This is a serious scan of your computer,time for a little trust.
If you have XP don't use it,look for the warnings on this.
Also sure theres no driver updates,but get them from ATI,Creative etc.
How did you manage to get to that point though ?

bluto said:
I'll bet you have a firewall and who knows what else running.
Yes, i do have firewalls.

Pop Up Stopper i bet.
No pop-ups are even supposed to come up when you review and install Windows Updates. That can't be the problem.

This is a serious scan of your computer,time for a little trust.
Oh, i trust my computer.;)

If you have XP don't use it,look for the warnings on this.
I did say i had Windows 2000 in the very begininng of this thread.

Also sure theres no driver updates,but get them from ATI,Creative etc.
Alright, i'll check that out.:)

How did you manage to get to that point though ?
Click Tools, then dragged down to 'Windows Update.' Then i scanned my computer and it came up with 24 critical updates. I then clicked 'Review and Install Updates' and nothing pops up.

I appreciate the help bluto, and i'll check out ATI, Creative etc.

Microsoft and especially windows update is JAMMED right now with the new SP2 for Windows XP.

Try it again in a couple of days, maybe Sunday and see what happens.

I but the server is just overloaded at this time.

killerdoberman said:
Microsoft and especially windows update is JAMMED right now with the new SP2 for Windows XP.

I've tried updating the last 4 days, but since i'm so desperate, i'll take anyone's advice. I hope you're right...

Thanks for the advice.

killerdoberman said:

I think you nailed it there,you have to get to know the difference between not loading or useing a page,thats it's too busy.Try again later won't appear.you just get to know the symptoms.
Good stuff kd
In the meanwhile it's on your start menu,called Windows Update,isn't it ?

Just below the Dos Prompt.
Or use the run menu
C:\WINDOWS\WUPDMGR.EXE

Basically you need to take down all the firewalls so it has access too download the Updates and then it should work - :)

killerdoberman - I think you did nail it. I tried updating about an hour after i read this, and it worked. Thanks buddy!

so what do you guy's think about sp2 ? i just want a little feed back on this....thanx

service pack 2

Bren said:
killerdoberman - I think you did nail it. I tried updating about an hour after i read this, and it worked. Thanks buddy!
Hmmm,Do i not at least get the bronze medal.
:mad:
:D

Back
Top Bottom