I don't get it...please help me!

Celldamage

Solid State Member
New Mobo... but monitor isn't working.

I recently purchased a new asrock mobo. Now this is the first brand new mobo I have installed and thus far the only one that has given me a problem. When I turn it on everything seems to work except the monitor doesn't come on. At all. Now I am thinking this is a driver problem, but how am I supposed to fix a driver problem if I have no display. I can't even get into the bios to do anything either. Has anyone had this problemo B 4? Right now I am using my back up PC to try to find a solution fo this prob. I have tried to run the cd that came with the mobo hoping that it might have had some generic driversto run the display. Nope...I have my monitor plugged into a Nvidia G force 4 MX440 graphics card, b-cuz there is no integarted video on this mobo. I really have no clue as to why this is happening. If anyone could offer some insight I would greatly apprciate it.

what makes you think the machines working. You will hear the drives spin up etc, even if there is a problem with the M/B.

Make sure the PC speaker is attached and listen to any beeps. note the no. of beeps and thier duration and post back.

Normaly happens when, Incorrect cableing, Odd jumper settings which the motherboard can't understand(cd/hdd), Jumper on the motherboard, incorrect way of wiring up your hdd leds and power button, reset etc

Back
Top Bottom