Improve your DOOM3 performance.

gibant1

In Runtime
There are a couple of things you can do that improve performance,

Goto the \Program Files\Doom3\base\doomconfig

open it with notepad, then scroll to

seta image_cacheMegs "32(or 20)"

Change it to 96, 128, 256 w/e just make sure you have double the ram of the number you put.

Go into the \program Files\doom3\base directory. Use winrar to unpack the pak000 pak001 pak002 pak003 pak004 files into the program Files\doom3\base directory. then MOVE the pak000 pak001 pak002 pak003 pak004 files to somewhere else on your hd (they are needed for network games and can be copied back later if needed)

Now doom3 will not have to unpack files while your playing, it makes a HUGE difference.

With this i've got my doom3 running in ultra mode at 1280 x 1024 at 72.3fps!

Hmm well I have done all that stuff. I wouldn't say huge difference for me but it all depensa on your specs. But then again after unpacking I do play at higher settings.

The cachemeg is crap though. Did benchmarks and didnt improve at all. And when at 256 which is 1/4 my ram like they said. I got artifacts popping up.

Are you sure it unpacked the files into the \base directory and not the \base\pak000 dir, as it defaults to. And you must remove then pak files afterwoods, deleting or moving.

This made it just about playable on a 5200.

Yes, I'll give them a few tips. :)

When I say it's just about playable, you have to bear in mind that at low level, the graphics make the simpsons look highly rendered. :D

Are you sugesting i'm a snob sir? :eek: heaven forbid. You Bounder.

But if you put all the graphics down to thier lowest level, you'll see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom