Lin-Lin converter & bios upgrade

Rupert LeCraw

Beta member
I am attempting to upgrade my CPU from a 533 celeron to a 1.4 ghz tualatin using a Lin-Lin converter slocket. The AMI bios recognizes the faster CPU but will not go any further.

I can upgrade my bios ($49.95) but I am wondering if there is anything else I can do? I have downloaded a bios update from Driverguide.com but am not sure how to load it and how to recover if I make a mistake.

Any thoughts from anyone will be much appreciated.

You need some kinda of bios updater programe. And in your bios hunt around for clock speed settings and FSb and adjust them, to make it retain its natural speed.

What brand is your motherboard? The upgrade should be a free download off the website, for $50 you could get a new motherboard lol..

My motherboard is a PC-Chips M758LMR but I can't find their website. I did find it about a year ago and they did not have any downloads for my motherboard at that time.
I found a bios update for an M758LMRE on Driverguide.com but am unsure how to load it or how to recover if I screw up.

PC chips, you could proberly just buy another one. There like £10! And ive proberly seen under that. Dude is that thing reliable?

Lol, that sounds very out of date, spend $20 and get a slightly better new one to support the processor without wierd-ass socket convertors lol

Back
Top Bottom