Can't access the internet

Tshimega

Solid State Member
Hi...

Yesterday I was trying to remove unwanted files/programs from my computer through the "Add/Remove programs" icon. I ended up deleting some Windows 2000 Hotfix KB??? files, about 3 of them.

Now I tried to open Internet Explorer then I get the message "Can't find 'www.wits.ac.za' Make sure the path or Internet address is correct". (www.wits.ac.za is my homepage}After I cancel that it does open the browser but nothing comes up.

Then on the address bar I type an address say 'www.yahoo.com' then I get a reply on the address bar "C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\Desktop\www.yahoo.com". At the top bar there's a message 'Cannot find server - Microsoft Internet Explorer' and on the page 'The page cannot be displayed'. Once I load MSWORD and type the address on the page and click on it...the page does come up but not when I click on the IE icon. I did a Windows Update on the same PC and I went through the process of installing the recommemnded Hotfix Files but I still experience the problem. Please help....

do you have any other browsers you can use ?
i would use a different browser and , do windows update from that browser....not from Internet explorer...

Hi again...I have just installed mozilla and it works fine. But is it possible to fix IE?

Erm..can you type http:// before the url as of it was earching in your computer not the internet.

Tshimega said:
Hi again...I have just installed mozilla and it works fine. But is it possible to fix IE?

Go into control panel, add/remove programs...

Click add/remove on IE and click "repair"

This should sort it out!! :D

and if you have'nt already go to microsoft.com and get I.E updates...that is if you want to continue using this browser

bluto said:
So how did you make this post ?
:confused:

Don't keep on asking this question. There are many ways of getting to the internet. Other computers, such as; friends, others in the same house, laptop, and even the library.

STOP ASKING THIS STUPID QUESTION!!!

Back
Top Bottom