Someone Help Please

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
Lol raptors are cool :D
The Toronto Raptors are cool,best in the NBA.lol
Is this about logging in to Windows or useing hard drives ?
Thats more up my alley as its very easy to do.
airiox says it right.Just set the bios to Autodetect.
:D

All I know is that I have had good sucess with them. Its you life go aheas and trust another brand. But who am I?

I have a Hitachi running in my sytem righ now.

kinser_brave said:
Hi,

I have a computer that is quite old but the parts in it are not. I am having trouble logging on to windows. I currently have Windows XP on my computer but i'm thinking of going back to Windows 2000. Anyway my problem here is that I can't log into windows anyway I try it. This is what appears on the boot up screen when I first turn on my computer

AwardModular BIOS v6.00PG, An Energy Star Ally

Copyright (C) 1984-2000, Award Software, INC.

Primary Master: Maxtor ST020H2 TAH71DP0

Primary Slave: None

Secondary Master: HL-DT-ST GCE-8400B B104

Secondary Slave: None

"Primary IDE channel no 80 conductor cable installed."

I put that last part in red and underlined it because that's the problem. Before this problem occured the words use to fill the screen down to the bottom but now that this message appears it only goes half way. Also when the boot up process finishes and it goes to the next screen where the Windows XP loading screen appears (not the log in screen but the screen with the bar below it with tiny vertical bars woving from left to right) the computer automatically restarts itself without me doing anything. This all started happening when I updated it about 10 seconds before I restarted it which was about two days ago. Every since then after I restarted it the same error would come up. I even opened up the system to see if any belts came loose but I didn't see anything. I even tried formatting the computer with the special Windows XP disk that came preloaded onto my computer but when I pop the disk in the CD-ROM drive and error comes up that says "vga.sys is corrupted setup terminating". I've tried everything to try and fix my computer but I really need someone elses help. Can you please help me? Thanks in advance

Kevin
Ok topic title:
Need help with older PC
XP isn't OLD is it. ???

alright

Alright back to the subject. Ok I checked the BIOS features and they're auto. I think I found the problem. But I don't know if my solution will work. For a hard drive is there a specific belt that i'm suppossed to use? There was this belt that came with my other computer and it looked like the one that connects to my hard drive. If I were to switch the belts out would anything bad happen to my computer? If I could just switch the belts out I think I could get it working.

bluto

I told you in the passage. The parts in it aren't old. I just upgraded the parts and windows. It has an old mother board I think. I don't know. The guy that worked on my computer switched out the ram, hard rvie, processor and a lot mor parts. I have no clue whats new in my PC but anyway can you answer the reply I just put up. The one above this

Yeh that error message sounds like its not even connected. Try pushing in the large flat connector to both motherboard and hard drive, make sure it's in properly..

Yerr.. you gutta have an IDE Lead with a blue conenctor that fits into the motherboard not the average Cd IDE.

Back
Top Bottom