Port forwarding

ghosty

Baseband Member
Hi all
I am using a netgear router MR314 and I recently upgraded its firmware. I tried using my bit torrent program but it keeps saying that i am behind a firewall. However I already went to the MR314 page at 192.168.0.1 and opened port forwarding from ports that are required for the program. My computer's IP address in the local network is 192.168.0.2 so I opened the ports for that IP address. However Bit torrent still says I am behind a firewall! I have checked my windows xp firewall but its not on. what should I do?

ya I went to this NAT webby and it says i am using NAT. is there anyway to remove it? or can I directly connect to my modem?

Try the forwarding and there should be a custom applications config menu. what port does that use??I think its 6881, you input that into the setup of the router.

to turn the NAT off you would demilitarize the host you want to expose to the public IP space. there should be a DMZ host tab or simalar. Id only do this if you really need that machine reachable and this is mostly done for web hosting.

if all else fails let me know!

Sorry dell but I went to the port forwarding area of the webpage for my router at 192.168.0.1 and all there was is this place for me to entry the ports that I want to open and the server ip address. I am not sure which ip address I should enter in that SERVER IP ADDRESS place. SHould i etner the IP of my computer? my external IP address? or the iP address of my router 192.168.0.1?

Back
Top Bottom