help making a pc

crazy_lee

Solid State Member
I want to make a dule amd64 fx53 server and use it for a pc 6 gigs of ram a rage con fig hard drives the new nvidea video card but im wondering if there are any tech problems that I might run into planing on useing windows xp, and I cant seem to find server motherboards.

dual 64's? Possible? Hmm well ok. Whats the point in the server and the nice graphics? I'll try fidn some dual mobo's.

I dont thnk its possible. Dual athlon/perton/MP and intel Xeon only realy. And p4/PIII etc

its gona be a personal pc, would dule amd 3400 be ok? this is my rig now
msi k7n2 delta
amd 3200+ barton core 2.19 ghz
geforce4 5200 128mb ram
3 diffrent ram brands, speeds and sizes but a total of 1.25 gig 333mhz
dule maxtor 80gigs
and a thermaltake subzero cooler not water!

Holy crap you know how much a computer like that would cost? are you crazy. I would go with itantium or whatever, xeon or opterons. Not athlon 64's. I doubt anyone makes a mobo like that.

The ram alone would be like $1000 bucks. The procesors another $1000. The motherboard would probably be $300-500. And you would have to have a Lian Li case to keep all that cool. $200. graphics $500. hard drives $400. powesupply $200-$250.

You are lookin at like a $5000 computer here. Ah the Xeon would be the best though.

Xeons aint all great compaired to an opterton or a MP. And there cheape, As for itanium..dont be stupid :p

They've tried to make dual 64 bit servers but they were to unstable, I believe I read it somewhere, not sure how reliable the source was lol.

Yeah the xeon are twice a cheap that is why I chose those ones. Not faster though. I dont know much about the itanium2. All i know its their latest chip.

money is not a problem, one thing i wont use intel or ati and sis, nvidea and amd, i cant seem to find a dule amd 3400 or 3200 not 64 bit server board. any place to buy serverboars?

K if money is no object and you wont use the inexpensive xeon you are either stuck with slow athlon mp or the very pricey opteron.

Here is how much the high end opteron is ->Opteron 850

And a motherboard-> opteron dual mobo

have fun you can get xeon for thousands cheaper.

Oh but that board doesnt have agp but you can get a pci ex card i think

This one has agp-> agp + PCIex board

Back
Top Bottom