Weird Problem - Please Help

Bren

Solid State Member
Ok, i have Windows 2000. Whenever i try to sign into my 'Administrator' account, it creates a new account called 'Administrator.000.' It's really annoying, and it loads me up as a guest instead of an administrator. My wallpaper is blank, everything. So i try and go into my Documents and Settings folder to delete the new account name 'Administrator.000' and re-boot my computer and it creates itself again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - I ran a virus scan, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware SE, and have 3 firewalls. I still have this annoying problem.

have you added it to a new workgroup? or domain?
There should be an existing profile called administrator, you are trying to log onto that? but you are not logged onto the domain, (or are logged onto the domain rather than the workstation). the profile is created with a an extension because the username is identical. This, On my server at home I've been messing around with active directory servers and have gotten up to administrator.004

If it's creating a new account, then you are mis-spelling administrator.

Carefully type it correctly and see what happens.

root said:
have you added it to a new workgroup? or domain?
There should be an existing profile called administrator, you are trying to log onto that? but you are not logged onto the domain, (or are logged onto the domain rather than the workstation). the profile is created with a an extension because the username is identical. This, On my server at home I've been messing around with active directory servers and have gotten up to administrator.004
This seems to be the problem I'm having. I already have 2 administrator accounts, and it's creating a 3rd one all the time. How'd you resolve this problem?

killerdoberman - I really appreciate the advice, but i know that's not the problem because if i mis-spelled 'administrator,' than it wouldn't even log me on.

Back
Top Bottom