A Question About Networking PC's To Xbox's

mobbthy666777

Solid State Member
im am about have a computer party at my new house, i have a 4 port ADSL modem (512k connection), an 8 port switch and i was wondering whether it is possible to connect the 8 port switch to the ADSL modem, have all 8 PC's using the internet? (not at the same time) Are there certain I.P address or something like that needed to do something like this?.

if i dissconect 3 PC's from the switch and in their place connect 3 xbox's with halo being played on them, is it possible to play halo on PC and at the same time play halo on xbox...like the halo games on xbox playing with the PC versions of halo? or will there be some sort of technical confiusing between the two types of game versions?

You would need to get a router!

your modem isnt capable of assigning IPs... it gets them from your DSL ISPs DHCP server

I would get a Linksys router and then hook up your switch to the "uplink" port of the router....

They have an 8 port model I belive

www.linksys.com is the place......

they have a retailer section of thier site that will show you some....

www.tigetdirect.com has soem pretty cheap routers there too!

after that hook up the router to the DSL modem and follow the instructions on how to get it to hook up...

also when you get a linksys "network everyewhere" series router you would need to have it setup as a gateway instead of a router or you will not get an outside IP.

also when you get this make sure to hook it up the the "internet"port not the first port labeled "port one" linksys routers are a peice of cake!!

Internet connectivity setup for windows xp:::::::

go to "network connections"

go to the connection
make sure that it has gotten the right IPs if it is setup as defualt for DHCP

if not you may have to statically assign an IP

do this by right clicking on that connection and going to properties,

now go to TCP/IP protocol

then click properties.

now go to the address section and enter the values that you need.

(for help on this go to the router setup on linksys network everywhere routers or linksys in genreal go to the IP confi address and then look at the settings there and the IP range)

then you'll enter these addresses in there:

for example if my router had the IP of:

your IP address Id select would be: 112.110.100.1

the subnet mask is inputted for you:

the defualt gateway is your router's IP. which in this case would be 112.110.1.1

and then look for the DNS servers on your routers setup....

to make this easier linksys gives you a setup cd!!!

A Question About Networking PC's to Xbox's

Oops, i forgot to mention that it was a router! :S. i hope i didnt cause any problems!

though i have copied and pasted that previous message you sent me for future use :).

though is it still possible to play the PC version of Halo with the Xbox version of halo?

Back
Top Bottom