Someone Help Please

kinser_brave

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have a computer that is quite old but the parts in it are not. I am having trouble logging on to windows. I currently have Windows XP on my computer but i'm thinking of going back to Windows 2000. Anyway my problem here is that I can't log into windows anyway I try it. This is what appears on the boot up screen when I first turn on my computer

AwardModular BIOS v6.00PG, An Energy Star Ally

Copyright (C) 1984-2000, Award Software, INC.

Primary Master: Maxtor ST020H2 TAH71DP0

Primary Slave: None

Secondary Master: HL-DT-ST GCE-8400B B104

Secondary Slave: None

"Primary IDE channel no 80 conductor cable installed."

I put that last part in red and underlined it because that's the problem. Before this problem occured the words use to fill the screen down to the bottom but now that this message appears it only goes half way. Also when the boot up process finishes and it goes to the next screen where the Windows XP loading screen appears (not the log in screen but the screen with the bar below it with tiny vertical bars woving from left to right) the computer automatically restarts itself without me doing anything. This all started happening when I updated it about 10 seconds before I restarted it which was about two days ago. Every since then after I restarted it the same error would come up. I even opened up the system to see if any belts came loose but I didn't see anything. I even tried formatting the computer with the special Windows XP disk that came preloaded onto my computer but when I pop the disk in the CD-ROM drive and error comes up that says "vga.sys is corrupted setup terminating". I've tried everything to try and fix my computer but I really need someone elses help. Can you please help me? Thanks in advance

Kevin

:D
Sorry i should avoid XP problems i guess.but
If it was about formatting i see this as a quick fix and you'll end up where you are again.
So XPerts,try to fix it first.
:eek:

That sucks. You probably have important info on your drive so if you have another computer plug that drive in and see if you can get the stuff off of it that you need.

After that you more than likely will have to install windows again. But if it wont let you boot from cd then thats a very big problem.

If you cant read the hard drive using another computer than you will want to throw it against the pavement and get a new Western Digital hard drive. WD is the best and only the best. Any other manufacturer is second rate.

Yes Bluto we do expect you to read threads. It's a forum, after all.

Maybe you can get some dictation software that reads out the screen for you, are you really that lazy?

First your telling people you need more information, now your telling them you need less? Are you looking for arguments?

yeah well i recently purchased a Western Digital hard drive. im gonna install it soon but i need help on installing it. can someone instruct me?

Just put it in the same spot that your old hard drive used to be. It should have the same connections and everything.

By the way I dont blame bluto. It is discouraging when you see a huge chunk of text like that. People should make mor paragraphs.

Damn, other hard drives are good too. just got a WD and it sucks. Proberly just cause they make raptors and you think there cool :p

Back
Top Bottom