AdAware? Virus or physical prob?

Is this happening for you? I just tried to delete temporary internet files and do a defrag and the computer freezes up. Was wondering if you might be having problems with that also? Not sure it's related or a separate issue.

TheJenners said:
I couldn't find anything free on that site.

On the left hand menu bar the last item say AVG free Edition
and that takes you here where you can download a free virus scanner

E.Meyer said:
Is this happening for you? I just tried to delete temporary internet files and do a defrag and the computer freezes up. Was wondering if you might be having problems with that also? Not sure it's related or a separate issue.
The ?s how did you "try" to delete them ? It doesn't require "trying"
just doing.Go to Tools/Internet options/delete files.
I find it hard to believe this fails.
:p :D
defrag problem,send me a PM.THis should not happen,need more info.

bluto, that's how I did it....tools, internet options, delete. The computer freezes up. I was finally able to do a defrag but still can't get rid of the temporary files.

E.Meyer said:
bluto, that's how I did it....tools, internet options, delete. The computer freezes up. I was finally able to do a defrag but still can't get rid of the temporary files.
OK go to C:\windows\temporary internet files
Hilite it and press the delete key.
And do it,but remember it wasn't my idea just your insistance.
This should be no problem with IExplore options.But set the option to delete them everytime you close it.
Sorry attachments forbidden here.
:mad:

bluto I got the problem fixed. Not real sure how though!! I was finally able to do a defrag and I'm getting no more error messages. Thanks for the offer to help.

thejenners, sorry to hijack your thread. As for knowing you, I don't think so. I'm from Alabama, go to UA. Right now I'm in Tennessee for the summer so, unless you are from Alabama or Tennessee I doubt we know each other. It's a small world though and computers make it even smaller so, you never know.

Odd. I know an E. Meyer in Alabama...but he's an adult and wouldn't ever use his name as a user name. Just seemed weird *peers over shoulder*.

OK, this is odd....*raises eyebrow*....I know someone in Montgomery who would never use his real name either. The only email address I have for him uses his real name cause it goes through his office computer. Not sure about his home email and what his user name is...never been offered that but I'm sure it wouldn't be his real name. This guy you know wouldn't happen to be in the military would he? If so, we might be talking about my Dad. How damned odd would that be?!?!?!

Really freakin' odd. Esp that we met here...OK, you may not know me, and we've never met, but I know who you are. I'm Jennifer...If you want to email me at ponyshaw@yahoo.com, I can give you his email address at home (actually does use his name, similar to the AF one) if you want it. He even has an AOL sn for instant messenger, if you use that.

PS: He dropped a B-day card in the mail for you today :)

Back
Top Bottom