Virus/spyware software

thewolfe1

Solid State Member
Virus/spyware software

I have the following software programs to detect viruses and spyware. Can you give me anymore suggestions for free software programs to scan and clean for viruses and spyware?

Spybot
Ad-Aware
CW-Shredder
AVG
AboutBuster
HijackThis

I have had a look @ Avg i currently have mcafee installed, is it possible to have 2 anti virus software running?

I have allway's wanted 2 know this ? also....
but i have never heard of someone actually trying this out.

I think their would b some sort of conflict between the two.....that's my opinon.

that really depends how the definitions are stored. There was a thing a little while back where loads of people thought a publishing company was distributing virusses on a PC magazine CD, it turned out to be a trial copy of Mcaffee, the virus definitions database was scanned andvirus definitions were found.

I tried to install Norton (Its crap i know, but my mate bought it,So i borrowed it) it said i had to uninstall Mcafee before i could install it i said No chance LOL :D

Norton is probably one of the worst virus scanners ever.
It's only got such a large following because of it's corperate branding, which is mainly grown because of the excellent hard disk tools Pter Norton created before norton became Symantec.
There are hundreds of reports scattered all over the internet from users saying when they changed virus scanner they found loads of virusses that norton failed to pick up.

Do yourself and your computer a favour, dump the resource hungry useless beast that is norton AV.

Back
Top Bottom