Notepad "View Source" problem

CTPTX

Solid State Member
I was having problems with notepad (i.e the icon turned into the default white box icon, and multiple copies were created) and I thought I had finally fixed them. But now when I am in IE and I click View>View Source for the code, nothing happens anymore.

Does anyone know how I can get the View Source feature back to where it is viewed in notepad?

Thanks.

Try in internet options there is an option that opens each type of file, that may have got misconfigured.

I just tried this in the "Programs" tab in the internet options, and no such luck.

Check your windows folder and make sure that notepad.exe is still there. If not you can extract it from your windows install disk. Double click on the cab files from my computer with the disk in the drive. Choose the files you wish to extract.

Notepad.exe is in both C:\Windows and C:\Windows\System32.

And I just found something out a few minutes ago. When I click View>Source on one of my webpages from my harddrive in IE 6, notepad pops right up with the HTML.

P.S. I use XP Pro.

A lot of websites nowadays are designed so that you can't view the source.

Or you could have a corrupted notepad.exe file. I will be glad to email you my notepad.exe if you want.

Re: Notepad

CTPTX said:
I was having problems with notepad (i.e the icon turned into the default white box icon, and multiple copies were created) and I thought I had finally fixed them. But now when I am in IE and I click View>View Source for the code, nothing happens anymore.

Does anyone know how I can get the View Source feature back to where it is viewed in notepad?

Thanks.
Sorry folks but i can't believe you where able to reply to this.
Quote: (i.e the icon turned into the default white box icon, and multiple copies were created.)
What is a white box icon and why is it a factor in reading a *.txt file ?
It has absolutlly nothing to do with IExplore.It's an offline device,isn't it ?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

techserv said:
A lot of websites nowadays are designed so that you can't view the source.

Or you could have a corrupted notepad.exe file. I will be glad to email you my notepad.exe if you want.

It is not at easy as you think for webmasters to stop people clicking The View source button i have wanted to do it on my site for ages but the best i have got to it is Disabling right Click using Javascript.

Nemesis said:
the best i have got to it is Disabling right Click using Javascript.

That's what I really meant when I said that. I know you could still just download the page and then open it in whatever text editor you want to use.

Back
Top Bottom