Legal Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not just have it illegally? I doubt a policeman is going to walk into your house and search through your CD collection for the COPIED!!!!!!! Windows CD. No one cares they have enough money lol.

i have an illegal one running right now

i just want to be able to get all the updates is all

well theres a away you can change your product key with a registry crack and oobe I think......

then it wont bug you about invalid product key.

okay so if i buy windows xp pro legally

i only have the right to install it on 1 pc?

i mean it bought it, its my copy, so shouldnt i have the right to install it on as many of "my" pc's as i want

i quote my as to claim any pc i install it in as mine (sharing) :)

You still havn't answered - Can you click the update button? I dont see how they're stopping you, you have a Windows CD and a CD key.. What's the prob mate? Not many people abide by the law to do with these little things. Install it on as many PC's as you want in your house. No one will care or notice.

cedex said:
okay so if i buy windows xp pro legally

i only have the right to install it on 1 pc?

i mean it bought it, its my copy, so shouldnt i have the right to install it on as many of "my" pc's as i want

i quote my as to claim any pc i install it in as mine (sharing) :)
root said:
You can only use one concerent copy of windows.
that is to say,
If you buy windows from a shop you may install it on only one PC.
if you throw away that PC then you can transfer the license onto your new PC.

If you buy a new PC that comes with windows the copy of wnidows you get wil usually have an OEM license that *must* stay with that machine, if you throw away the machine you also throw away the license.

Chances are if you're friend got it on the cheap then it's ilegal.
the only possible exception would be if he bought it in america where the prices are lower anyway.
When you buy a windows License, you do not buy the software, you do not buy a copy of the software, you buy A license to use the software, on ONE machine.
This machine can change, but you can only use ONE copy at any ONE time.
the EULA is quite clear about this!

the only exceptions to this rule are:
OEM LICENSES:
May ONLY be used with the PCs the came with, you may only use a windows OEM license with the PC it shipped with.

SITE LICENSES:
You may install windows on as many PCs as your site license allows you to.

Why is it whenever i mention anything about software licence keys that moderator WOMBAT locks my threads but any other moderators dont?
are the rest of the moderators corrupt in here?LOL

Dont steal software that takes REAL money and time, People who develope the software for you to use should get there cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom