The next hard drive maybe just a card

BEST JD TCR

In Runtime
I bet the next hard drive, would have to be somthing that does not have moveing parts.Something like a memory card, or maybe even something that does have moveing parts but no spining disk that spins at 15000 rpm. I mean come on there that disk can only spin so fast and technology is fast coming on his heals. so the drives are probably going to change in the next coming of years. RIGHT?

I dunno whats up with your posts, but put them in general talk or something.

at least my mind is thinking unlike yours. I dont see anything that you wrote, that is going to change a way someone looks at computing. lamo

your the one who should be in general talk. your last post was about making a cumputer for your girlfreind, talk about general talk.

I totally understand what your saying so comment on this.
Someday the Operating System (Windows)will be part of the motherboard,kind of like a cpu and Mr BG will retire with the retarded.
:D
p.s. Atari had it in 1991.Tos in Rom,anyone remember ?

:p
Great topic for this forum."Hard to not see it"

well im talking about hard drives. but what the hell.
Im sorry but i cant agree with OS on the motherboard because, what if you want to update the OS?
or something we call Economics.

BEST JD TCR said:
well im talking about hard drives. but what the hell.
Im sorry but i cant agree with OS on the motherboard because, what if you want to update the OS?
or something we call Economics.
Easy,flash the bios and get a newer OS plug in,much like a newer cpu.
Economics i'm lost,should this not be another issue.
Are we playing Startrek here or the next 10 years.?
:confused:

I don't think hard disks will comletly disapear. I've seen a 1Gig USB solid state memory stick, so I suppose you could happily install windows 95 with only a chip based storage solution, but the chips are actually really quite slow, (Datatransfer rate of USB1.1 is on 11Mbps.) and you'd be hard pushed to actually be able to boot into windows because of USB support in DOS.
I think Linux Users should be fine though!!!
Hard disks may be limited by physical disk speed, but there are more factors than that, besides we might just see disks with more cyliders, kind of like two stripped hard disks in one box for double the access speed with the same motor RPM.

Hard disks are not going to way of the dodo just yet, Anyone heard of the new Mico disks.
Roughly an inch in size with quite a respectable capacity.

Oh I kind of agree that this topic isn't really suited to here because it's a help section of the forum, but it's not really a social lounge topic either...

Perhaps if there was a technical chit chat section, then people could talk about things like this, and post links to bug/virus warnings

Back
Top Bottom