Outlook Express Problems Changing my E-mails

ep2002

In Runtime
Hi everyone,

How are you doing?

Well I FINALLY got almost everything moved over from the old computer system to the new computer system & here's my problem.

I was using OE b4, so nothing has changed as far as e-mail programs go.

Now what's happening is my default e-mail address Michelle@exoticpublishing.com doesn't seem to be working properly or I'm thinking it's the whole OE that's screwed LOL

Another e-mail address in my e-mail identity list seems to be taking over... Business@exoticpublishing.com & I don't know why. I'll reply back to an e-mail or forward an e-mail that was written from the Michelle or another of the various e-mail addys I have, & it will switch to Business@exoticpublishing.com in the "from" field. It happens the minute I hit "reply".

This has started to cause many problems for me b/c people don't recognize the e-mail addy, my yahoo posts come back undeliverable b/c it doesn't recognize the e-mail addy, etc.

The only other time I have encountered this problem is when I was testing out new spam programs that had to be DLed onto my computer. I am NOT testing any spam software & I haven't in years.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks a ton & I hope everyone is having a great wknd.

Michelle :)

It's been suggested I use Outlook in the past, but I really don't see the point.

It wouldn't give me anything I don't already have with OE & I know OE quite well.

And yes I do own my own biz.

Oh, are you implying Outlook NEVER has any problems? LOL

Thanks & have a great night !

Michelle

Lord Kalthorn said:
You seem to own your own business - would it not make sense to get an Office Package and use full Outlook instead?

ep2002 said:
It's been suggested I use Outlook in the past, but I really don't see the point.

It wouldn't give me anything I don't already have with OE & I know OE quite well.

And yes I do own my own biz.

Oh, are you implying Outlook NEVER has any problems? LOL

Thanks & have a great night !

Michelle
I wouldn't imply any program has no problems because it would be a lie - but I use Outlook 2003 on my Computer with 16 E-mail addresses, it checks every 2 minutes all of these address and it pops up with an alert. I get an average of 50 e-mails a day from these addresses and still nothing has gone wrong on it for months now. Its powerful and takes up space but its worth it - HTML E-mail addresses like Hotmail and POP3 E-mail addesses like the ones you stated.

OE in all basicness - at least the one I have on XP is complete crap in comparison; no offense.

Hi there,

No offense taken.

OE does everything Outlook does based on what you listed below & I still don't see how this will solve my problem. I've been using it for over 5 yrs. & only once besides this time did I have a problem.

Take care

Michelle

Lord Kalthorn said:
I wouldn't imply any program has no problems because it would be a lie - but I use Outlook 2003 on my Computer with 16 E-mail addresses, it checks every 2 minutes all of these address and it pops up with an alert. I get an average of 50 e-mails a day from these addresses and still nothing has gone wrong on it for months now. Its powerful and takes up space but its worth it - HTML E-mail addresses like Hotmail and POP3 E-mail addesses like the ones you stated.

OE in all basicness - at least the one I have on XP is complete crap in comparison; no offense.

Have you tried Mozilla's version of a POP3 Client? Your PM insinuated you dislike Microsoft, so?

Also, have you updated Outlook from the Recommended Windows Updates on the Windows Update - they will not be covered merely downloading the Critical Updates.

ep2002 said:
Another e-mail address in my e-mail identity list seems to be taking over... Business@exoticpublishing.com & I don't know why. I'll reply back to an e-mail or forward an e-mail that was written from the Michelle or another of the various e-mail addys I have, & it will switch to Business@exoticpublishing.com in the "from" field. It happens the minute I hit "reply".

I believe OE automatically uses the mail account that is set to "default" in all outgoing emails, replys or otherwise. To change the address you want to use to default, Go to Tools>Accounts, highlight the address you want and click the Set As Default button.

Hope this helps

I already know how to change e-mails to default e-mails, but thank you just the same.

I'm NOT a newbie. The e-mail address Michelle@exoticpublishing.com is already set as the default.

One thing I think I've noticed is that it's only happening to the e-mails that were on my old computer & then the drive the e-mails where on switched to a new driver letter when the new system was hooked into place, but that shouldn't affect it.

Michelle

techserv said:
I believe OE automatically uses the mail account that is set to "default" in all outgoing emails, replys or otherwise. To change the address you want to use to default, Go to Tools>Accounts, highlight the address you want and click the Set As Default button.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom