Storage Devices...HELP!!!

FFON

Beta member
Hello, I need to reinstall my CDrom driver. The hardware is not recognized by my system any longer. I overwrote the good driver now I can not find a downloadable version of the driver. CDRom make and model is a Philips PHCDD5101/43, the computer is an XP Home / HP. Thank you in advance for any help you undoubtedly will provide.

Just uninstall the one that doesn't work and reboot your computer. It should automatically install the working one again.

I have a;ready tried that twice, and it did not work. I think the problem is that it has an old driver that cannot be removed...

Ohhh right you overwrote it... Hmm... Try selecting install drivers from CD and search the Windows XP CD. I'll check the net for drivers.

Thats unfortunate indeed. Your saying you saved over the specific file in windows\system32\drivers? If not then it should still be in there. Just select install drivers manually, and choose a file that looks like it may be the CD driver, do this until you get to the one you originally had. Alternatively, try to install manually and choose the old CD driver.

maybe go to RUN type REGEDIT and find the driver delete it maybe. or go to add/remove program then delete driver in control panel. then reset, and go into it again and install the drive that in windows. reply please

Back
Top Bottom