Advice on a new computer

FlamingTeddiz

Baseband Member
Hi, I'm a 15 year old thinking about building a new computer. I say 15 only because it relates me to not having a ton of money not that I dont have any knowledge of this. So what I'm asking is advice on what I should do. I know computers will be almost twice as good in a little over a year so should I wait or get one now and upgrade it as I need. I currently have a pIII 1GHz, 384 MB RAM, 32 MB ATI All-In-Wonder video card, and some other basic stuff. oh and windows xp pro.

Post any suggestions, advice, info, tips, opions, what ever.

Thanks,
Nick

i dont know, if you get it later, it will still get outdated just as quick, so i think the best thing is to get it when you feel you have the money for it

Hello
To answer your question do you have a budget and then we may be able to reccomend some parts for you, I hope you know that to build a up to date computer it will cost you alot of money maybe not as much as it would have if you bought 1 from a shop but as i say do u have a budget?

i have 700$ but im looking for a total of 1000, maybe ill get it up to 1500 a few months after, kinda like a upgrade but it will be like a graphic card and memory.

What are you looking to do with your computer? I can recommend a great PC but I need to know what you use it for :D

Depending on how good you want your system, you could look around this area -

pentium 2ghz or above / amd 2000+ or above
512MB of branded RAM - Kingston, OCZ, Corsair, Crucial, etc.
I'd recommend either a Radeon 9600 XT or a Geforce 5700 Ultra - Go higher if possible - e.g. 9800 or 5900.
Then standard Hard drive, cables, etc.
standard 7200rpm hard drive whatever size.

Get rid of your old rig on ebay!! :D

Back
Top Bottom