Hard drive enclosure

phubbs

Solid State Member
Hi,

I would like to purchase an internal hard drive enclosure so that I can separate software for work and programs for home.

I would like to use 2 200gb Maxtor IDE drives. There seems to be a vast range of products available ranging from £15 to £50 built from different materials and some with fans. My question is does anyone have any recommendations and what features should I be looking for.

Many thanks

Pete

Fire Wire and USB 2.0 Firewire is a little faster than USB 2.0 but if you dont have it already in your system it is same to use a uab 2.0 compatible port.

I have some cheap on with both FireWire and USB the PSU fan was really annoying so I ripped it out. I would suggest a medium quality enclosure. But 15 pounds seems a bit high so that one should work just fine.

Your Hard Drive should already have the Enclosures for at least three Hard Drives? All you'd need is to plug the power and IDE in and it'll work?

Hard drive caddies

Sorry, I did not give reasons in my original posting but I would like swappable hard drive caddies so that I can transfer my drive between PCS and also to install multiple operating systems by changing caddies. It's not so much to increase storage but to make it more flexible.

Regards

Pete

My college uses removable drive bays, I'm not going there yet though so I can't tell you the brand lol. I'd recommend removable drive bays though, take whichever where-ever. Just make sure you remember which is which :D

Re: Hard drive caddies

phubbs said:
Sorry, I did not give reasons in my original posting but I would like swappable hard drive caddies so that I can transfer my drive between PCS and also to install multiple operating systems by changing caddies. It's not so much to increase storage but to make it more flexible.

Regards

Pete
I have one its called a "removeable hd case" Alluminum is best with dual fans.This is a very common device as Windows has a choice of
removeable,in sysdm/drives.
But isn't a 700 mb cd or 2 good enough ?
stupid.gif

:eek:

Re: Hard drive caddies

bluto said:
Ignor camers,i do.
This isn't about golf.
:eek:

Again its that language barrier thing. It just does not compute.???? :D

I guess I interpreting the first post wrong. you dont want a external enclosure but a removeable internal. Well good luck

Back
Top Bottom