hard drive beeping then freezing for a second?

fuse

Solid State Member
what do i do when my hard drive makes a beeping sound then half a second after that it freezes. Sometimes it freezes then i have to restart the computer. and when i restart it, it sometimes says "operating system not found" it pisses me off soo much. what do i do? i think its a heating problem.

hard drives beep? :p Your harddrives dying, or you got to much vibration going on around your harddrive

fuse said:
what do i do when my hard drive makes a beeping sound then half a second after that it freezes. Sometimes it freezes then i have to restart the computer. and when i restart it, it sometimes says "operating system not found" it pisses me off soo much. what do i do? i think its a heating problem.
Its not your hd,it's the mbd beeping.1 is ok,Why rush it and call it "freezing"
Just let it "load your devices" and continue to Windows ?
:confused:

Have you tried doing a scandisk? May repair dodgey sectors.

Go to: My Computer -> right click C: drive, select properties then go to tools - error checking/scandisk or something like that. I'm running windows 2000 so it may not be exactly that but it will be similar ;)

mbd maybe is a motherboard in bluto's language. And it cant be a motherboard, just the case speaker. "try going to college, no time for the everage joe here" bluto

Forum Lingo

There are many hundred or thousands of shortened words in the English language,most people who have existed for a few years get to know them.Those who don't understand one ask politely and go on there way.
As they say on South Park "I learned something today."
MBD or mbd is one of the most common ones on PC forums.
Yes its a MotheBoarD also known as Mainboard,or system board.
Mother is often called Mom.Have you figured this out yet and Daddy is Dad. ?
lol
:p :D
Superkalafragalistikaspealadosious.
Who has the answer to that ?
:D

Back
Top Bottom