Quick Question

get _fighted

Baseband Member
I've been examining my compuer lately, and a thought occured: is not not unheard of that a case can not physically accomodate a video card?

Lemme exlain my case: It's an IBM, and completely stupid :mad: . It's half tower/ half desktop. Its setup like an extremely thin tower, with the CD/Floppy drive set in sideways, and the ports behind the PC run paralell (to the drives). Assuming you can imagine this, its 9cm wide (or tall, if you consider it a desktop), 33cm tall (again, different if it's a desktop), and 48cm deep (if the measurments help at all).

I can't take a pic cause I can't find a USB cabel for my camera :rolleyes:

Well if you have an old motherboard this cetainly could be the case. AGP cards were smaller a few years ago then they are today. SO if you have a bunch of junk directly behind your Mobo then you wont be able to stick a new card in.

As long as you have an ATX compatible case everything should be fine. But if its a mini then you have to get a smaller motherboard for it.

Well I dont know if it will fit into your case they way you can tell is the loacation of the holes that have been drilled so you motherboard can be screwed in.

As you for video card It looks like that motherboard Will just be able to squeeze it in.

You will have to get some DDR pc 2700 ram as well.

A new case would be an ideal way to start. New technology in small environments aint so good for heat solutions ;)

2 easy ways,
1.Read the motheboard manual for slot types available.or
2.Call IBM support for a copy or comment.
1-800 etc.
;)

I dont think he'll have a manual and no point in calling support. He can easily crack open a case also there not gunna tell him info for upgrading.

he doesn't need to ask dem for info on upgrading, isn't he just wanting to know if an AGP card will fit?

he can jus call IBM like bluto said, and jus ask them if a card will fit.

the'll surely tell u.

why don't you just try it?
if you are thinking about getting a new case anyway then you have nothing to loose, except a day or so waiting for your (second) order to arrive.

Back
Top Bottom