Beta member
I have built a pc
AMD K7 XP 2400
ASUS A7V-8X-X MOTHERBOARD
256MB PC3200 DDR X 2
128 MB INNO 3D GEFORCE FX5200 TORNADO
SEAGATE 80G HARD DRIVE
NEC DVD WRITER

I AM FINDING THAT THE PC REBOOTS WHILE PLAYING GAMES GENERALLY AFTER ABOUT 5 MINS. I THOUGHT IT WAS THE GRAPHICS CARD TRIED AN ASUS 128NB GFORCE FX5200 AND SAME THING HAPPENS, ALTHOUGH I DID TRY A NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 MODEL 32MB PCI CARD AND THAT WORKED OK. THEREFORE I THOUGHT THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE AGP SLOT ON THE MOTHERBOARD AND INTURN EXCHANGED THE MOTHERBOARD BUT THE PROBLEM STILL OCCURED.
THE CPU TEMPATURE DOES RUN A BIT HIGH AT 65F BUT I BELIEVE THE TRESHOLD IS 85F. COULD IT BE THE 128MB CARDS ARE OVERHEATING
AS THE 32MB CARD IS OK? I HAVE PUT A CASE FAN IN BUT STILL THE
SAME PROBLEM. THESE FX5200 CARDS DO NOT COME WITH FANS. BASICALLY THE SYSTEM REBOOTS A STACK DUMP IS BRIEFLY SHOWN THEN THE SYSTEM REBOOTS. ANY IDEAS, ANYBODY??? ANY FEED BACK MUCH APPRECIATED.

processor over heating. refit the heatink, put on some artic silver 5 ;)

More than likely, the system is way too hot. That's what I heard anyways.

At what temperature would be suggested normal?

mines is 50 idle and 60 at load. and mines is overclcoked

Buy a Akasa 825 Carnival cooler. They're under £10, have an 80mm fan, can automatically change it's speed acording to temperature or you can use the dial that also comes with it. It's very good and will cool cpu sufficiantly, even at it lowest speed, which is near silent.

On the motherboard disk, the is a program called Probe (under utilities). It can check you CPU temp, M/B temp, Fan speeds & all the Voltages. It can also save a history. Usefull for any peaking of temps or voltages.

Back
Top Bottom