Will this Video card run the Newest games? dont know much about computers :(

yeah tib i was gonna get the MSI one and i dont have much money to spend so thats the best that i can get right now... :( do you know how long it will last me?

i mean like how long it will be able to play newest games pretty good or fine.

and it will problaby play like at high settings on doom3? or so?

ermmm.

it's gonna last u for like another year, lol.

and i think u can play on high settings with doom. let me get back to u on that one though.

but i suggest u wait a tad bit longer and save up the extra 80 USD for the 6800.

i really really recommend it.

Well of course Half Life 2 is gonna be better on ATI cards. Valve has teamed up with ATI to optimize for their hardware. If they had chosen Nvidia it would work better on Nvidia systems.

For a breif stint with the 9 series radeon's ATI was better but Nvidia has now regained its advantage by adding more features and coming out on top in most benchmarks.

so i should save up for the 6800 128mb video card? or the 256mb video card? and will the 6800 128mb video card last me for like 2-3 years?

so i should save up about 80 more bucks for this card??

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce Video Card 128mb

eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Video Card, 128MB GDDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "128-A8-N343-AX" -RETAIL

Chipset/Core Speed: nVIDIA GeForce 6800/325MHz
Memory/Effective Speed: 128MB DDR/700MHz
BUS: AGP 4X/8X
Ports: VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub) + TV-Out(S-Video) + DVI
Support 3D API: DirectX 9.0c, OpenGL 1.5
Cable/Accessories: Manual, DVI to VGA Adapter, 6 CD, 2 Cables
Max Resolution@32bit Color: 2048X1536@85Hz

TibsBeatAll said:
hey computafreek, i already knew about the benchmarks, but thanks for telling me about it......

was there a point in telling me that?? and about wondering which one will dominate HL2, i've heard rumors that the ATI's are supposedly better than the Nvidia's.

apparently, you think that i am biased towards ATI, wonder where u got that impresssion.

Sorry if it seemed aggressive mate it was purely innocent :D. I am not sure which side you sway to, I assume neutral and whatever current cards/benchmarks are out decide who you prefer at the time? I would say that was my place anyway, even though I love my 5950.

enzio said:
so i should save up for the 6800 128mb video card? or the 256mb video card? and will the 6800 128mb video card last me for like 2-3 years?

so i should save up about 80 more bucks for this card??

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce Video Card 128mb

Yes saving up for that card is definately worth it. You will be able to play Doom3 and Half Life 2 to on max settings. You will also be able to play Unreal Engine 3 games, Not on max settings, but near them.

The 9800 wont be able to play these games nearly as well as the 6800 will.

The 256 model reffered to as the GT is considerably faster than the 6800 and will give you better frame rates. What seperates these two cards when it comes to benchmarks is AA and AF. The standard 128 model won't be able to handle AA or AF without dropping framerates below playable.

The GT is $130 more than the standard card so its your desicion.

Good description Airiox, couldn't agree more.

You might want to wait until Half-Life 2 is out, it may bring graphics price drops, what do you guys think?

nah, i don't really think graphics prices will drop, it's being released in Sept. 1. (supposedly)

but since they're all selling like hotcakjes rite now, what need do they hav to lower the price.
and HL2 will only make graphic card sales go up.

but it is smart to wait till HL2 comes out.
wait for benchmarks to come out, and see what everythings like.

Back
Top Bottom