Proboards Hijack

Eternitian

Beta member
My Proboards admin account has been hacked! There's no way in the world my password could have been guessed, so does anyone know how the hacker might have done it? And how can I prevent this in the future?

Oh! Proboards is a free board. You didn't set it up yourself. A MySQL Database is the Database used to keep Forums - the information goes in them to be brought up by the pages. This one will have it, mine has one, Matt's has one.

But as its a free board - its possible it was an Admin from Proboards - they're automatically allowed Access.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Oh! Proboards is a free board. You didn't set it up yourself. A MySQL Database is the Database used to keep Forums - the information goes in them to be brought up by the pages. This one will have it, mine has one, Matt's has one.

But as its a free board - its possible it was an Admin from Proboards - they're automatically allowed Access.

Heh, heh. I doubt an admin from Proboards would do what this guy has done. Thanks for the help, bro.

your email address tht was used to sign up with if they take tht then they have your password reset and sent there

matt be me said:
your email address tht was used to sign up with if they take tht then they have your password reset and sent there

If they can get into my email, right? Does it work otherwise?

Not really. But there are some freaks in some of the these Free-Board Admins - Exco has one who can't be banned and just posts constantly Fuck you all over the place.

Yeah - personally I love vBulletin :D Its what I use, Matt uses phpBB and thats damn good too. They're all good though - I just prefer vBulletin.

Back
Top Bottom